Monday, March 15, 2010
I made French Breakfast Puffs from the Pioneer Woman I would list the recipe but want to encourage you to visit her blog. I made a double batch and froze half of them. Actually, they sound yummy as a dessert. I do not like rolling things in butter and getting goopy hands so I decided to let the girls. They thought it was wonderful
OOOOH, these were easy. Today is a double recipe day. First is the egg in a hole from Pioneer women.So easy. I did toast the bread on the stove before adding the egg. I also used my homemade wheat bread. I am not listing the recipe for egg in a hole because I want you to check out Pioneer womans site. But I am giving you my honey wheat bread recipe.It is actually a kitchen aid recipe.
preheat oven to 375
1 1/2 cups water, 1/2 cup honey, 1/3 cup butter, pour into pan and heat until 120-130 degrees, this is very important step.
mix 2.5 cups white bread flour and 2.5 cups wheat flour to 1 cups quick oats, 2tsp salt, 5 tsp yeast (a little more than the recipe calls for)
add wet ingredients to dry ingredients
add 2 eggs
place dough in greased bowl and let rise for one hour
divide in half and let rise in loaf pans for another hour
bake for 40 minutes
Thursday, March 4, 2010
1. What's your guilty pleasure? hmmmmmm that is hard, I want to say mountain dew or how i keep snack cakes for my breakfast or maybe the nutella hidden in the cabinet, but really i think it is my long skirts from cato's
2. What is your favorite TV series? law and order, CSI, if they were on I would have to say the Unit or Army wives. although i love 7th heaven and little house on the priarie
3. Can you speak any foreign languages?no, learned a little German when i lived there but really just phrases like nine zweble (spelled wrong) but it meant was no onions
4. How many pairs of shoes do you own? this is so sad, we just moved and all my favorite shoes were put in a trash bag in the hotel and well they got put in the trash. mine and my 4 year olds. this actually makes me cry talking about it (i know it is silly) but for several years i have wanted knee boots but i wear a size 11 and they are either too small around the leg or too expensive. i had a new pair maybe 2 weeks old and they were in the bag. the bag was full of all of mine and Grace's shoes. my tennis shoes, her dress shoes, her boots. ugggggggg i do not know if i will ever have real shoes again. so i currently own one pair of formal shoes, 1 pair of black ankle boots, 1 pair of brown ankle boots that DH let DD ride her bike in and wear and that is it
5. What's your favorite kind of M&M's...peanut, almond, straight up regular, etc.plain or peanut butter. i ate my peanut butter m&ms from exposing the drapes to my 20's this afternoon
Labels: 5 question friday
This week is so simple.
1. Take tortilla shells (these I bought at a dollar store)spray with Pam (no not me) or what ever you use
2. sprinkle your favorite seasoning on both sides. we did cinnamon sugar but you could so do cheese or BBQ or any of your favorite flavors.
3. use a pizza cutter and cut into 8 pieces
4. arrange on baking sheet, making sure they are not touching
5. bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes. we did 6 and will do 7 next time to make a little crispier.
the kids loved them and so did I. I think they would be great with ice cream