Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cowboy Cookies


For years my friend Melly has told me about her cowboy cookies. I have intended to try them for years. I finally got around to it. I will say they bake perfectly. There was no questioning rather they were done. Next time I think I will make them with raisins and nuts as she suggest.

Ingredients
1 c. butter, softened
2 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
2 c. uncooked old fashioned oats
1.5 c. chocolate chips
1 c. brown sugar
2 cups of your choice (raisins, nuts, chocolate chips. I used chocolate chips and peanut butter chips)

1/2 c. granulated sugar
4 T unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You could grease pans lightly or use parchment paper.
Beat butter, egg and vanilla in a bowl until blended . Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
Drop two inches apart in rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes.
They freeze well.
Thank you Melly!
Pamela

1 comments:

Elin Sundström said...

Hello!

Your blog has caught our attention because of the quality of the recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us at http://www.mytaste,com/ so that we could link to it.

myTaste.com is a search engine that compiles the best American cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. Several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and are taking benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.

To join myTaste, just go to http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

Best regards,
Elin
MyTaste.com

Post a Comment