Saturday, January 22, 2011

Apple butter whoopie pies



I have a new blog I am enjoying. The blog is cookies and cups. A couple of weeks ago she posted a recipe for Apple butter Whoopie Pies. I made them and WOW, my husband said that these are definitely the best ever. I used my friend Melly's homemade apple butter. Then when I ran out of apple butter it dawned on me. I could make these using my homemade pumpkin butter and guess what they were still WOW. This is definitely my favorite cookie of the season. The recipe was really easy to follow.
1/2 cup room temp. butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup apple butter or pumpkin butter in my case
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
2 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350
bake 15 minutes, She recommends using parchment paper and I agree. But mostly because I am lazy and do not want to clean a pan.
The frosting is super easy too.
1/2 c. room temp butter
1 t. cinnamon
3 c. sifted powdered sugar
2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
Cream butter in mixer until smooth.
Slowly add powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Beat until combined.
Add vanilla and milk.


0 comments:

Post a Comment