I know I have done this before but this time we made our own pasty shells and WOW so yummy.
We have made home made poptarts several times. I have bought pre made pastry shells and cut them which are quick and easy but pricey. This time I made Pioneer Woman pasty dough. These freeze great and then you just plop them in the toaster.
strawberry jam or any other flavor you like. Our favorite is to coat in butter and then put brown sugar on them.
1. roll out dough and cut into squares
2. i put my dough on parchment paper and then put jam on top of pasty, layered with another pastry
3. bake 350 for 10-12 minutes
4. i took them off the parchment paper as soon as they come out of the oven so that the jam that had come out of the sides would not have time to harden
5. I did add a powder sugar icing to the top
These turned out better than I thought. I can not wait to get moved and re try them and try to freeze them