Saturday, April 2, 2011

Apple Dumplings



I saw this recipe on a blog but when I clicked on the link I saved it would not open. She did say she found it on Pioneer Woman.
Apple Dumplings

2 granny smith apples,
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter, I used margarine
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon, to taste
1 can mountain dew, can you guess why I chose this recipe
Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
Melt butter, add sugar and combine. Add vanilla, stir, and over apples. Pour Mountain Dew over the pan, trying hard not to drink it before you need it. Sprinkle cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
The apples come out almost like a sauce. It is amazing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment