Saturday, April 2, 2011

Honey Bun Cake


Oh me oh my, this is a good recipe and oh me oh my, it is yummy! It came from an old MOPS cookbook. Have you heard of MOPS? I miss being able to be in MOPS. Okay that is a story for another day. So the recipe is easy.
1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
8 ounce sour cream
1/3 cup water
½ cup brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon
2/3 pecans (I did not use, if you know where I can buy these without using a year’s paycheck let me know)
GLAZE:
1 cup sifted powder sugar
½ t vanilla
1. Preheat oven (oh man, I just realized I forgot to tell you how to cook something on my other blog) 350 degrees
2. Combine first 5 ingredients
3. In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon
4. Pour half cake batter into pan, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top, repeat
5. Use a small knife and swirl ingredients together.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes
7. Make glaze while cooking and pour on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.



0 comments:

Post a Comment