Sunday, October 18, 2009

buttercream frosting




asked Faith what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. Her options were 1. I could buy one 2. I could make one or 3. she could make it herself. She got so excited to make it herself. So I set out all the ingredients for her and let her make the same chocolate cake I made last weekend. She even made the frosting from scratch, she made green icing for the chocolate cake and I made blue icing for the white cup cakes. She will ice the cakes in the morning. She is so excited and I am sure we will find food coloring all week.
Update, I took a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby and LOVED it. The first thing you do is learn to make frosting. I will never turn back. I love buttercream icing.

buttercream icing (stiff consistency)
1c shortening
1t wilton flavoring ( i actually use 1t vanilla and 1t almond and love the taste)
2T water or milk (i used water)
1 lb powder sugar (4 cups)
1T meringue powder
pinch of salt
to make chocolate
add 3/4 c cocoa and 1 or 2 T water

0 comments:

Post a Comment